COAT is a finishing thin layer cementitious plaster
specially formulated for uneven concrete surfaces and pre-casts for
indoor and outdoor use. It offers excellent non-sag properties that
provide great workability on overhead and vertical
• Serves as initial coat for painting purposes; no need to
neutralize concrete surfaces
• High initial adhesiveness
• Excellent non sag properties that give good workability on both
vertical and overhead surfaces
• Yields a homogenous paste that eliminates surface crack lines
• High Bonding strength
• Ready and easy to use
• Non-toxic and with Very low-VOC content
• Eliminates crack lines
This product is suitable for all types of concrete surfaces.
Durafix Skim Coat Standard is packed in multiply paper bag. When
stored in its original packaging in a dry place at room
temperature, Durafix SKIM COAT Standard can be kept for a long
period of time but not exceeding 12 months.
Remove all dust, oil or traces of foreign materials. Dampen the dry
concrete or plastered surface before application of Durafix Skim
• Add approximately 8 liters of water to 25 kg of Durafix Skim
• Use electric mixer for stirring and mix thoroughly for 2-3
minutes until desired homogenous paste is achieved.
• The Skim Coat paste will remain usable for approximately 3-4
hours after mixing.
• Apply Durafix Skim Coat using 24-inch-wide steel trowel.
• Smoothly apply the Skim Coat Paste over the surface to be skimmed
in a back and forth direction strokes based on thickness and smooth
• Let dry for about 5 minutes and then lightly trowel the surface
• If there is a need to increase the thickness of the Skim Coat,
apply the second coat before the first coat is about to set.
• Allow the last coating to completely dry for 1 to 2 hours.
• Sand the uneven surface using 120 to 220 sand paper and feather
the edges into the surrounding surface.
• Lightly brush off the dust from the surface and wipe gently with
a damp cloth or sponge before priming and painting. Use appropriate
primer when applying gloss or semi-gloss latex topcoat.
COVERAGE AREA : 7-8 m2/3mm/25 kg
: 3-5 mm
ADHESIVE STRENGTH : ≥0.5 N/mm2
VOC CONTENT : Very
low odor SHELFLIFE : 12 Months
: Gray and
WATER/POWDER RATIO: 8 Liters of water for 25 kg
: 7-15 days prior for painting purposes
: homogenous paste mortar
: 25 kg/bag